Join the Berry Companies – Be a Part of Our Tradition and Future
Position available in North Conway, NH.
Are you eager to kickstart a career in finance? Do you have a passion for numbers and a keen eye for detail? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you.
The Berry Companies are a family of businesses led by founder and C.E.O. Joe Berry along with his senior leadership team. Collectively, the Berry Companies are a leading employer in the Mount Washington Valley, providing their team members with rewarding careers, and its customers with valuable experiences.
The Berry Companies owns and manages housing and lodging for the Mt. Washington Valley, including homes, condominiums, apartments, hotel rooms, suites, and vacation rentals. It also boasts a robust vacation ownership program that has been a leader in that industry since its inception.
Our Mission: To provide exceptional vacation experiences, and picturesque and unique properties in the Mt. Washington Valley. As a family-owned business, we enrich the lives of our team members and customers while building a strong community.
Our Vision: Making our team members the number one priority and empowering them to create a world-class experience at our properties, we are renowned as the top place to work and stay in the MWV. We achieve our goals through a community-oriented culture.
We’re now looking for a talented Accounting Assistant to join our team and contribute to our success.
Responsibilities: As our Accounting Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting our finance department. Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Data Entry: You’ll be responsible for accurately entering financial data into our systems. Attention to detail with multiple levels of account posting and the ability to process a high volume of work.
- A/P and A/R responsibilities: Cash Receipts, Invoicing, A/P Posting, and Check Processing.
- Reconciliation: Timely and accurate account reconciliation, including bank statements.
- Collaborative Team Player: Work closely with the finance team and operations departments to ensure smooth operations, and be ready to jump in and assist with ad-hoc tasks when needed.
Qualifications: To excel in this role, you should have:
- A passion for numbers
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of Excel & Word
- General bookkeeping knowledge and experience
- Experience and understanding of Microsoft Windows operating system
- Stellar problem-solving, analytical, and documentation skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
- A High School diploma or equivalent education
Why Join Us?
- Growth Opportunities: We’re invested in your career development. You’ll have opportunities to learn, grow, and advance in our organization. Most of our management team members grew into their roles here at Berry Companies.
- Great Team: Join a team of passionate professionals dedicated to excellence and have a lot of fun along the way.
- Work-Life Balance: We value work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to help you maintain a healthy equilibrium.
- Attractive Benefits: Enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance, retirement plans, and more.
- 401(k) with a company match
- Health Insurance
- Substantial Paid Time Off plus 6 Paid Federal Holidays Off
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Generous Travel Discounts and Awesome Perks
- Free Use of Resort Amenities such as fitness centers, pools and hot tubs
- Tuition Reimbursement
$18 – $20 per hour
If you’re a detail-oriented, numbers-loving individual with a passion for finance, we want you on our team! Apply today and take the first step toward an exciting career in finance and accounting!